Friday, February 23, 2007

New York City Tax Professional Needed

June --

I am an Actress/Exercise Instructor. I have not yet read your book, Self-employed Tax Solutions, but am planning to do so. Your website/blog are both great. Any classes you will be teaching in NYC? If not, could you recommend -- classes or a colleague? I have worked with an accountant for several years but would like someone knowledgeable in Quicken and financial planning. Thanks in advance!

Katie


HI Katie,

So glad you like my site & blog. Thanks for letting me know.

I am currently in upstate New York but have no planned speaking gigs in NYC. Finding a tax pro knowledgeable about indie taxes is always difficult. I don't know one on NYC although I had an office there for many years before heading west. You might call SAG [Screen Actors Guild] for a recommendation. Finding someone will take some work on your part. These posts on my blog may help in making your choice. -- if you've not already seen them:
How to pick a Tax Professional
It's tax time so ... beware of bad advice from the real-life Sammy Segar, CPA
Clueless Professional Accountant (CPA) Says You Can’t Deduct a Gift to Your Mother Pick a Tax Professional: Experience or Price

Perhaps someone who reads this can point you to an appropriate tax pro.

Best regards,
June

No comments: