Friday, February 9, 2007

Pick a Tax Professional: Experience or Price

June --

Is it more advantageous to employ the services of a CPA who specializes in preparing returns for self-employed/artistic types or should I be less picky and find someone who is cheap and close to work? Thanks for all the great advice.

Liz, graphic artist in Orlando

Well, Liz, as you may have learned, if you've been to my website, my method is one of education -- teaching indies how to use what they know in their own field and apply it their tax or financial situation. So, let me ask you a question: I need someone to design my business logo and general image. Should I hire a talented graphic artist with experience or one who is cheap and available tomorrow? When you answer me, you'll have answered your own question.

BTW -- you don't need a CPA. The bad guy in my book is the clueless accountant, Sammy Segar, CPA. An experienced tax preparer will do.

And, you are welcome. Glad my advice helps. Please tell your colleagues.


No comments: