Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New to indie life? Where To Start -- #2


Hi June,

Analyst (Business, Systems, Data, Information, etc.) ... 2 months as an indie. I am new to the SE world, and really don't know much about it.

My headhunter said he had a job lined up for me, but it was 1099. I said, 'Sure, I'll take it', not really sure what he was talking about.

Well, now I'm beginning to understand exactly what I'm signed up for, and I must say I'm rather excited at the entire prospect of the 1099 world. It sounds like the freedom and control I've been searching for.

What I need is to get up to speed quickly and see that your book may be just what I need to do that. I'm going to order a copy today.

Thanks, Arthur
Pasadena, CA


Dear Arthur,

Just like Mark who sent a question only minutes before you: You're new to self-employment and you need info.

Take a look at my answer below New to indie life? Where To Start . You're right. Self-employment does give you freedom and control. In order to have control and the confidence to know you are doing things right you need to educate yourself in the business and tax basics of being an indie.

I wish you much success,
June

No comments: