Friday, June 18, 2010

It's only words ...


june

thank you for taking the time to get back to me , how ever the vocabulary and life lessons were a bit much..i am quite clear on what the word rape means, and i am very, very clear that aanxiety, anger and depression are not going to reduce my taxes.
this is just the way i choose to speak and write, and it is certainly no bodies business but my own. i did not want a mother or a teacher, i simply wanted some tax advise and Nothing more.



Above is Sara’s response to the post below: Learn more. Reduce stress and reduce taxes.

I want to take a bit of your time to comment because when you dig down, these afterthoughts are related to taxes and to being a professional indie with an indie-business mindset.

#1. I am a teacher. That is my goal: To teach indies how to handle the business side of their taxes, recordkeeping and finances more accurately, more simply, using less time and possibly saving more tax.

#2. I have four children and am not looking for any more. That mothering takes enough of my time and love.

#3. And this is the most important: Words have meaning. In #1 above I say “possibly” save you on taxes. I can’t assure you that you will pay less. I can’t omit “possibly” just to get your attention. I can’t use “always” because that is not so.

BTW – watch out for those guys promoting self-employment and promising you’ll “pay no taxes.”

Using words like “rape” or “Nazi” to indicate something unpleasant or someone you don’t like or someone with who you disagree is not only inaccurate but does an unimaginable disservice to those who have been raped or someone whose family has suffered at the hands of the Nazis.

Words are important in taxes and in life.

Indies, you're my favorite people!
June

No comments: