Sunday, November 15, 2009

No indie business means no indie business expenses to deduct.

Hi June,

Structural drafter for 20 + years , I have been self-employed for the last 6 years up till June 2009 when I lost my self-employment business and had to seek a part-time as a temp employee.

I lost that job in August, now I am unemployed.

My question is, will I still be able to write-off any expenses after losing my self-employed business while I seek work?, Like supplies, transportation for interviews etc.

cesar

fairfield, ca


Hello Cesar,

First, be sure to read this post Unemployment Compensation .


You may deduct self-employed expenses that occurred only during your period of self-employment. If you were no longer self-employed you may not deduct any indie business costs.

-- June

No comments: