Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sometimes it takes a while to get it.

Alana from Oakland, CA in commenting on Tax Savvy Indie Saves $850 Because Of Reimbursed Expenses On Her 1099 said:
Nice! Thanks again for the helpful posts that led me to that. I dropped my amended return in the mail last week, so I think I'm all set. Hopefully my story in turn helps a few others. Sometimes you have to hit people over the head with 10 examples of the same principle before they get it. :)
thanks June!


You're welcome, Alana, and thanks for getting back to me. You'll see from my blog that my schedule has been wicked so apologies for my late response.

I think that when something comes at you from an alien field -- maybe, financial jargon to an artist or tech talk to a plumber or explanation of a painting's composition to a realtor -- it takes a while to grasp. Reimbursed expenses are a good example. Of all the questions I get it's that topic that currently heads the list of most frequently queried.

Often something must be explained several times in different ways in order to be really understood. That's the job of the teacher -- to be understood. The student must keep on asking questions until he or she understands. Doesn't matter if the teacher is the one you had in third grade, or your physician or your tax pro.

Thanks again for the update.

Best,
J
une

No comments: