Thursday, February 14, 2008

Reimbursed Auto Expenses

June --

I have been an attorney for 7 months.

I know there are two ways to deduct car expenses. But if I am reimbursed by a client for some of my mileage, am I stuck with the mileage method? E.g. I travel regularly from my home office to my office down town. I am paid by the client at 50 cents a mile for trips to court and meetings at their sites.


Elizabeth from Rapid City, SD


Elizabeth,

The reimbursement is part of your income. You may want to read these posts on expenses -- reimbursed .

Combine those miles with all your other business miles and use same deduction method for all business miles.

-- June

Check out my book Self-employed Tax Solutions. It will simplify your tax and financial life, and save you money!

No comments: