Monday, February 4, 2008

Have a question? Do a little legwork.

Hello Indies,

I have found that for all the unique qualities indies possess many do share the general public's tendency of research avoidance. Indies need to be especially attuned to doing research because they don't have big daddy in the personnel office to whom they may address their concerns.

My blog is a good place to start sharpening your research skills. Before you
"send June your question" check out the categories on the left and the "search" facility in the upper left corner. There's a good chance your question has already been answered. And, if not, you'll be able ask a question that utilizes a basic understanding of your concern.

I do read every question I get from this blog and from my website. I answer or comment on just about all of them either directly via email or here in a post. So many of you have questions on similar situations -- but with a twist here or there -- that I am going to try something a little different. I am going to composite or group similar questions and provide an answer. Or I'll show you questions I just received that have already been answered here on the blog.

Let's see if it works. Here's an IT consultant who asks about a husband-wife business and about forming an LLC. Both questions are already fully answered on the blog.



Hi June,
I was googling on the net and found your website. Its cool!. I am an IT consultant planning on establishing an LLC. I am not sure whether starting it up as a single member LLC (myself) or multi member LLC (both me and my husband as members) will help us taxwise? My husband is an full time employee, but he would be taking care of the business (IT consulting firm) completely (75%). Would it be beneficial if my husband is the owner and I work as an employee for him? Please let me know what options would best for us. Also this is the first time, i am planning on establishing a business, so any help is appreciated.
Thank you in advance - Chris from Chicago.


If Chris takes a look at the category list on the left side she will see husband-wife business has 12 posts and business entity -- LLC has 11 posts. That's where the answers lie!

And, as far as "any help is appreciated." Indies, read, read, read. There is so much useful tax-saving and time-saving information at your fingertips!

No comments: