Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Medical or Business Expense

June,

I have been a personal trainer for 2 years. I am a veteran working in the health/fitness industry and have needed alternative and out-of-pocket medical treatments (acupuncture, physical therapy, massage) for a service-connected orthopedic problem (for which I do have a disability rating).

Working with these other health care professionals has also been a help in furthering my skills in working with my clients. How/which of these should be taken as medical expenses and/or training/education for my work?

Thanks a bunch, "Ron"


Hi Ron,

Wish I could give a different answer but ... it all is medical expense. Especially since you have a disability rating. Were you "healthy" and had decided to do 10 sessions with another pro as training or some other learning experience then I'd OK the business expense.


Best,
June

No comments: