Saturday, October 20, 2007

Want a correct answer? Know Your Source

June --

Do I need to obtain a business license in order to practice privately in the state of Louisiana or is my occupational license issued by the state board sufficient?

Barbara


Hello Barbara,

You are assuming a wealth of knowledge on my part of the intricacies of state by state regulations that would be impossible for even the Great Oz.

And if I did give an answer, how would you know it were correct? What are my credentials regarding Louisiana state regulations?

As an indie, flying solo, you must be sure that your sources are authoritative. Therefore, whenever you seek information, make sure you are asking the the right person -- or agency -- a well thought out question.

You might start your quest for info on licensing at Louisiana.gov.

Best,
June

No comments: