Friday, January 26, 2007

Home Studio


I am an artist who has a studio which I rent. I live at home with my parents and have a dedicated 1 room studio. I pay no rent. Can I take the cost of travel off between these 2 locations?

Thank you very much.
Rebecca Two Studio



As long as both are your work studios, even though you pay no rent, then both are legitimate and you may deduct transportation between one work location and the other.
There's more info on home studio and transportation expense on my website at Money Minute #3: Work at home to increase business transportation deduction and You Asked ... Q&A #20: Office-in-the-Home & Outside of the Home .
And, as always, read the book that can simplify your tax and financial life, AND save you money!
SELF-EMPLOYED TAX SOLUTIONS .


-- June

No comments: