Thursday, September 27, 2007

Canadian working in USA

June,

I've been an entrepreneur for one year. I really need help about filling out a W-8BEN tax form correctly. I am a Canadian citizen living in Canada and I have a website about travelling. I recently applied to an online affiliate program Commission Junction (CJ) that is located in the U.S. and they sent me this form (W-8BEN) to fill out. Do I have to fill out lines 7, 10, and check off 11? I really don't know. I'm really confused about lines 10 and 11 and don't know if I should just leave it blank.

Hope you can help me.
Best Regards, Jay B.



Hello Jay,

My policy is not to give online instruction on preparation of specific tax forms. I suggest you read this post: When your subcontractors are in India . In it there are phone numbers for instruction on Form W-8BEN.

Best regards,
June

No comments: